Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Random Ramblings

-13 days until I leave. That's less than 2 weeks. Wooooooooo!

-I was able to share how Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven this week, in my own home, over a bowl of chili. So blessed by how God gave me the right words, at the right time. I was amazed that this person's curiosity. I was able to share how its not about all the "right" we can do. We ALL have done something wrong, and that separates us from God. We can never do enough good to make it into heaven. Our good will never out weigh our bad. It is ONLY by faith in Jesus that can bridge the separation between us and God. We will never be good enough. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."  It was such a sweet time to share what I really believe to be true. Please join me in praying for him to continue to be curious, and for Jesus to be real to him for the first time.

- My body is so overwhelmed. I have been fighting some physical thing all month long. Last night was the stomach thing again. It was a miserable night. I ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor....not the most comfortable. So grateful for my chiropractor today! :) I can't quite figure out what is going on with me, fighting all kinds of sickness. But I do know Satan is real, and he will use anything to distract me and discourage me right before leaving. So please be praying for my strength and my health, and pray against Satan and all sickness.

- I bought crunchy peanut butter with honey tonight! I am convinced this is one of the world's better inventions, and I was told pb is very expensive in Bolivia. So this girl is bringing her own jar. Yummmmm.

- My car and I are fighting a bit. She is really acting up. Please pray for continued safety while driving her, and that she lasts the next 13 days. And also just guidance on what to do about a car when I return.

- I have received some donations for the children already, and my heart rejoices! Thank you sooooooooooooo much! If you would still like to send stuff with me, please let me know, and get it to me soon! (socks, underwear, toothpaste, toothbrushes, crayons, clothing, soap, etc.)

- Yesterday I had to run a random errand and grab a set of keys from a mom friend who accidently took her husband's keys to work with her. It was a stressful few minutes before we discovered she had them. Once we did, it was a confusing few moments of figuring out how to het them. I got in my car, and starting driving, and saw one of the most beautiful sunrises in my life. Lamentations 3 rang clear in my mind, "...His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness..."

- My excitement is rising. I just want to be there. My heart is already there. I hate packing. My car is stressing me out. I hate looking at snow. But as much as I want to be there now, I know He has me here for the next few days for a reason. I am excited to see what that is.

- Packing has begun. Slowly but surely. My living room, bedroom and kitchen area have all turned into multiple piles, and boxes, with piles inside. Planning what to bring for 6 weeks is overwhelming. I had an awesome woman pop by yesterday with mosquito netting, an outlet converter, and vernors. What a wonderful woman. :) If you have any packing tips, send them my way! I need all the help I can get.

- Time to catch some zzzzzzzz's. I plan on being at youth group and young adult's bible study tomorrow night. That makes for a very long day, after babysitting all day. But I really look forward to it. I love my life. I am so blessed.

Good night. Love, M


No comments:

Post a Comment