Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

the good, the bad, and the ugly

The good:
Tonight I finished off my "big to do list". I bought the remainder of the tickets and booked a hotel room for Miami. Yesterday I bought medical insurance while I am in Bolivia. All that is left are little things. Yesssssssss. I'm doing it!

I depart Detroit February 14, and arrive in Cochabamba February 16. I depart Cochabamba March 28, and arrive in Detroit March 29. (with lots of stops along the way) So excited.

The bad:
Yesterday I had some form of a stomach bug. I rested, took medicine, and all other helpful things, and woke up feeling great. Well, now I am no longer feeling great at all, and I'm babysitting for a few more hours. The kids are having a hard time going down, and I'm getting cranky.

The ugly:
Tonight while babysitting I took the kids to basketball practice and then to the library. (Pretty funny trying to follow directions in the dark, in an unfamiliar area, with some kiddos who struggle with their left and right....) On the way back, we were almost to their driveway when my check engine light came on. Now, if you know me, you would know I instantly freaked out a bit. I hate all things car. I know how to put gas in it. And that's about it. Earlier this fall when I was really starting to get the ball rolling with my trip to Bolivia, my car was in and out of the shop so much. It ate my Bolivia trip savings right up. I have been telling my girl Fuega that she must make it until at least Valentine's Day, and then.... I have no idea. But I need a car the next 19 days. I had just spent almost $600 an hour before finalizing travel plans. This is not a very convenient time for the check engine light to come on. I have no idea what is wrong, and I loathe going to car places to find out.

The truth:
God is in control. My feelings don't matter, they will lead me astray. He is faithful. He will continue to provide. He called me, and I am exactly where I am supposed to be. He is faithful. In the midst of a storm, He is steady.

Please pray for:
-my stomach to settle
-my car to be fixed inexpensively and timely
-my faith to stand unwavering
-rest
-provision

James 5:16b - The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Love, M

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    Loce your Blog!I am partnering with you through prayer for this trip. I want you to know that.
    Also I think you should get the book called Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. I think its going to speak to you in profound ways!
    I am proud of you!
    Love Heather

    ReplyDelete