Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Are you kidding me??

So, I have been asking for prayer for provision. I have been praying in faith. I say He called me, so of course He will make a way. So why is there absolute amazement in the depths of my soul when He provides?

It was a long day with two babysitting jobs and a late night Walmart run. I was feeling frustrated. It was Tuesday, one day closer to a mountain of deadlines for my trip, all requiring cash that I didn't have. I drove home begging God to show up, to provide funds, to be real in my life. I thanked Him for his goodness and faithfulness. And I asked him to use me and to give me a voice. I then called my friend away at college for a quick catch up before bed. And then finally I was home. I came inside the building, and I checked the mail.

In my mail box was : a wedding catalog from oriental trading company (seriously, my mail is mocking me....), a baby shower invite, a new baby announcement, coupons, junk mail, and a little envelope tucked in between everything.

I opened the mail randomly, while sharing with my roommate things God is doing, funny things about my day, and baby shower gift ideas. I got to the last smaller envelope. It was from my dear friend's friend, whom I had really only met once before. I was intrigued. I opened it, and read the tiny card about how she is praying for me, and excited to see God work in me. I was blessed already. And then I opened the check that was tucked inside. It was for more than what I was praying for today. It's enough for me to buy my plane ticket this week. I started shaking and crying. I showed my roommate and we started jumping and rejoicing.

This is my God. He is real. He answers my prayers. He is active in my life. He cares about me. He knows how much my trip will cost, and He owns everything. He is faithful. He is provider. He is alive. He is in Bolivia. He is here. He is preparing the way. He will go with me. He will give me the words to say when I have none. He will make a way when it seems hopeless. He will make His name known. He deserves all the glory and honor. This is my God.

I am so beyond blessed.

Update about Spanish classes: they did decide to cancel them, but I found a tutor who teaches Spanish and is fluent. So I hope to start my tutoring sessions next week.

Next prayer requests:
- my visa to be taken care of without issues and quickly returned
- money for immunizations, and knowledge about which ones to get
- to hear from the missionary I'm staying with soon
- my visit with my compassion international child to work out while in Bolivia
- money to pay the remainder of my bills while I am gone
- the holy spirit to be real in my life
- preparation for me mentally, physically, spiritually in the next month
- fear and doubt in my mind to be gone

Thank you so much for the support with prayer, finances, and encouragement. I am so grateful that God has given me such an incredible group of family and friends. You have no idea how much you all bless me.

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, and release from darkness the prisoners.

Good night! Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment