Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The beginning.

I have started this morning's blog about four times. I've typed out a paragraph or two, and deleted it all. There is just so much to tell. I didn't know where to start, or what to share.

So, I figured I'd share the beginning.

33 days until Bolivia.

It's certainly sneaking up. I feel like I still have an entire season before its time to go. If you are in Michigan, you really understand. It has been mid 40's - 50's with almost no snow so far this winter. My mind is struggling to believe February is so close.

This trip is a long time coming. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I was called in some way to the mission field. I have always known this is what I was born to do.

Last January while at the Passion Conference in Atlanta, I signed up with Right Now Ministry to have someone contact me about mission work in general. I didn't hear back from them until May. When I did get the call, I was in my kitchen cooking dinner. I remember it was a night I was making up a recipe. I was sprinkling spices and dancing around, in my own little world.

The phone call was from Heather with Right Now. She asked if I was still interested in mission work. I was caught off guard. My life was so simple and perfect. But I knew that this is something I was supposed to do. So I started the process of filling out a questionaire. I soon was given a few options of where to go, when to go, and who to go with. I have always known Central and South America is where I am supposed to be. And I have also known my gift to love children and be good at it, is of God, and I need to use it for Him. So when the option of working in orphanages in Bolivia was presented, I quickly jumped on it.

The application process for International Teams was more intense than my college applications. I waited and waited for weeks, checking my email multiple times a day, to see if I had been accepted.

Right before Labor day weekend I got an email saying I got in. I was with one of my closest friends when I found out. We were jumping, I was crying, and there were brownies. I went camping that weekend, and around a campfire with four girls I love dearly I began to dream. This heart desire from my youth was becoming reality.

I was told to start collecting support right away. I bought envelopes and stamped and addressed them. And then I got scared. I couldn't do this. Nuh uh. Not this girl. So I carried around a bag with letters ready to be sent for over two months. I was scared to ask for money. Scared of actually going. Scared of what people might think. So I just ignored.

The week of Thanksgiving, I knew I needed to stop being scared. If I couldn't send out support letters and trust God to bring in money, how could I get on a plane? So, I sent them out, about 90 letters.

Slowly, but surely He has brought support in. I have discovered a lot of people didn't receive their letters. But its still working out. All in His timing. If I would've just had the money right away, I wouldn't learned to trust Him, or grown in my faith. It's been a crazy road. There are so many details that just point to Him working in my life, but there isn't enough time in a day for me to tell of His faithfulness.

So we are 33 days away from me stepping on a plane and saying good bye to my beloved country, my incredible friends, my amazing family, my great church, my pots and pans, and my life. But only for six weeks. :) I am still scared. But I know with everything in me, He is faithful.

There are still quite a few things on the list that need to come together before this is a complete reality. I am excited to see how He works it all out. I have faith He will. 

Thank you for reading, supporting, praying, and encouraging.

I am excited to continue to share in the upcoming weeks.

Please be in prayer still for:
- money for immunizations, and knowledge about which ones to get
- to hear from the missionary I'm staying with soon, so I can buy my ticket
- my visit with my compassion international child to work out while in Bolivia
- money to pay the remainder of my bills while I am gone
- the holy spirit to be real in my life
- preparation for me mentally, physically, spiritually in the next month
- fear and doubt in my mind to be gone
- me to share His love, His name, and His story no matter what city or country or continent I find myself.


One of my friends told me last night that I was glowing with God's goodness. Could there be a greater compliment? Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment