Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stories.

I went to the health department yesterday to receive the remainder of my vaccines. I grabbed a number, and filled out a form. I mentally calculated out the cost of all the vaccines. I sat down and heard someone talking about how payment was cash only. I got up, and asked the information lady. She confirmed it. Annoyed, I left and drove off to the bank. I had figured I needed at least $100. I hadn't seen the sign or price for two of the shots, so I figured I would bring $150, just in case.

I walked back in, and grabbed another number, knowing that my original number must've already been called. I had been gone for a while. Before I could even sit down, number 70 was yelled out. That was my first number. I didn't have to wait one second. Isn't God's timing perfect?

I then sat down at the desk, and saw the price for one of the shots I couldn't find information on. It was $106. Quickly adding up the other shots, and the office visit fee, it was evident I didn't have enough money. So I started planning, when did I have another free block of time before 5? Which shots do I get, and which do I save for another day. I knew I needed to get everything then.

The woman then informed me I had received two of the ones on my list before, and I hadn't remembered, so I didn't need those. I also had started a series of shots, but never finished, so I didn't need to come back in a month for another. So as she totaled everything up, I was still nervous. Why do I forget who my Father is? Everything ended up totalling $145. I got change back. Seriously. My God is provider. He goes before and makes a way.

If you read yesterday's blog, you would know I was having a bad day. Since I began all these vaccinations, my body has been beat up. I mean, it does make sense. My body is trying to fight off six different viruses and build immunity. There's some crazy warfare going on in my blood stream right now. And it makes me feel like junk. I was so discouraged about other things as well.

We have a God that cares so much about us. I received a few texts with Bible verses last night. I had an awesome message on Facebook this morning, that really encouraged me. And this afternoon, there was a card in the mail thanking me "for being an excellent example of how God answers prayers in mindblowing ways."

I don't enjoy writing about the bad days, the doubt, the fear, and the hurt. But I realized, if I don't share those, then you won't get an accurate picture of what God is doing. He is still there in those doubting moments. Moments of sobbing, or yelling, He's close. My God is such a personal God. He cares about me enough to work out the timing and cost at the public health department. He also cares so much about me, that He sends encouragement along in the most needful moments. This is our God.

Psalm 55:16-17 - But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning, and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.

Psalm 31:14-15a - But I trust in you, O Lord; I say; "You are my God." My times are in your hands;

This morning I was babysitting. I was whiney and not feeling great. The little girl I was watching went to my bag and pulled out my old Bible. She brought it to where I was sitting, and said "here ya go meechelle, its your favorite." She was trying to comfort me the way I would comfort her if she was sick. I would bring her the most beloved item she owned to cuddle with. I didn't cuddle with God's word, but I did read a bit, and my soul felt refreshed. I love that she knows this is "my favorite".

Okay, back to sleep for this girl. I skipped youth group and young adult service tonight to rest. I had to wait a few hours, and wake back up to take my typhoid medicine. :) Ahhhhhh. I love my bed.

Please be praying for me, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially.

Love, M.


No comments:

Post a Comment