Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2012

the weekend in review

First off, I want to give a HUGE shout out to the readers in Russia, Germany, Chile, and Macedonia. I was so surprised to see other countries were reading, and continue to read! I am blown away! So thrilled beyond words that you are reading of how real, alive, faithful, and loving my God is. I hope you are encouraged!

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations shall worship before You.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!

Psalm 86:9 All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, and shall glorify Your name.

Ah! Where to even begin....His goodness is too much for words.

I have been praying for finances since May, and lately praying more urgent. The past few days He has just shown himself to be faithful.

On Friday, I had 4 new online donations post. I later had a woman drive to the home I was babysitting at to hand me a card with money. On Saturday I went to a baby shower for a very dear friend, and her friend had learned of my trip, and had a sweet card and money waiting for me. Saturday night I went to church, and afterwards I was able to catch up with one of my middle school friends and his sweet girl friend. I was able to share about my trip, and she slipped some money in my hand as I went to leave. I then drove to a friends house and baked yummy cookies. She and her had written a check, and her parents had also given me money for cookies to support me on my trip. I then was given tooth paste, baby shampoo and baby clothes to use in orphanges while in Bolivia. I was prayed for and encouraged this weekend. I doubt I have ever heard so many "so proud and so excited for you"s before. Everywhere I went this weekend, I was amazed and so blessed.

I am excited to take care of my other two plane tickets this week. I also am scheduling a visit with the little girl, Karen, I sponsor through Compassion International. I need to learn how to braid my hair this week to hopefully tame it against humidity, travel, hard work, and the jungle. I need to start buying rain boots, mosquito repellent, peanut butter, and other things to bring along. My to do list is growing in length! Yikes!

I have so much to look forward to. God is moving mountains. He is preparing my heart. I am not scared. I am so excited.

Please be in prayer for:
-My health. I have a nasty cough and congestion I can't seem to shake, and really want to be 100% before leaving. My body is still a bit off from all of last week's vaccines.
-Continued financial support.
-Lots of loose ends to begin to be tied up.
-Supplies for orphanages to come in.
-Flying logistics to work out.
-My heart to be willing.
-My normal spirit of procrastination to be overcome with productivity.

Beyond excited to be a part of what God is doing. What a journey so far. Only 23 days!

Are you loving it? Can't wait to see what this week will hold!

Love, M

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing adventure you are about to endure! I love keeping up with you as you approach this life changing journey.. love ya <3 Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete