Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

11 days to go...

We are getting so very close. Eleven days until I get on a plane. Thirteen days until I am in Bolivia. I don't know if I have ever been so excited about something in my life. It's so close. My dream is beginning to become a reality. I can almost touch it.

I received an email this week from one of the missionaries in Bolivia. It was another "what to expect" email. I am so grateful for any peek into what my life will be like for six weeks.

My heart was overjoyed, there was a fire burning in my soul, and a smile affixed to my face as I read of the opportunities I will have. Baby washings at the dump. Loving the homeless in the plaza. Distributing food to poor neighborhoods. Working in orphanages. Painting and staining. Laying brick. Cement work. I have also been told previously that I will have opportunities to work with youth in an after school program, and help in a local restaurant's kitchen that benefits the orphanages. My heart is singing. I love all of those things. Brown babes, the homeless, cooking, painting, teenagers. Yes, please.

I was also informed that there is an internet cafe directly across the street from the place I will be living. I plan on checking email, getting on Facebook, and blogging semi frequently. I love emails, send 'em my way! (michelletobolivia@gmail.com) My phone will be completely off, so any voicemail or text message will not go through, even when I come back home. I might get a cheap pay as you go cell phone while I am there, but it would probably be too expensive to talk and text much from Bolivia to the United States. So really, email me!

Please be praying for:

- Packing to go smoothly. Everything to be under weight in suitcases, not to forget anything, and not be stressed about packing.

- My family to have such a peace with me going. I know my parents are proud of me, and are excited, but are also my parents. I am going pretty far away, for longer than I've ever been away. I know they worry.

- For me to keep sharing Jesus, wherever I am.

- Power of the Holy Spirit to continue to equip, prepare, and strengthen me.

- My neighbor and my sweet late night Meijer cashier friend. I know God is beginning to stir something in their hearts. That they would come to know Jesus for who He is.

- Orphaned and abandoned babies in Bolivia.

- A real revival to know Jesus to spring up in the Church in Bolivia.

I've had a song stuck in my head for days. The lyrics have been rolling around in my brain. The content has resonated with my heart. I know it to be true. So I thought I would share.

One Thing Remains by Jesus Culture

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains
One thing remains

Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me
On and one and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains

In death and in life I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid there's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love

Happy Friday! Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment