Total Pageviews

Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Morning

Good morning! It is Monday, a fresh new week.

It is also carnival here. Carnival is a huge holiday here. Kids have Monday and Tuesday off of school. There are parades, confetti, spray foam, water balloons, masks, special food, and a lot of drinking. I have spent the morning relaxing at the house, not exactly what is in store for today. Bolivians love a good party, so I plan on laying low today.

Laying low is good plan because i haven't been feeling the greatest since yesterday afternoon. I took a four hour nap, and was up for two hours, and then slept for another eleven hours. If you know me, you would know I normally run on five hours of sleep a day, so this is not normal. I also had body aches. So being a good girl, i took motrin, airborne, drank a lot of water, ate some dinner, and went to bed early. I woke up feeling better, but now my belly and I are fighting. I could be dealing with not drinking enough water or the change in altitude. I am not sure. I am feeling better in the past hour or so, but would still appreciate any prayers. :)

Also, speaking of prayers, I would like to ask for you to pray for someone I love dearly today. No details necessary, just be praying for her especially today, and the weeks to come.

My close friend has not had her baby yet! AH! Hopefully soon!!!!!!!!! Be praying for her and a smooth delivery.

Yesterday I went to church for the first time in Bolivia. I attended Cochabamba International Church. We sang in Spanish and English. Some songs were just Spanish, and other songs the verses alternated languages. We sang a song about the Holy Spirit in Spanish, and I know some Spanish, so I understood it. But in that moment, it was so cool. I wasn't singing in my native tongue, but I was singing about how real our God is. I was singing along side other people who i have never met, but knew my Jesus to be true in their lives, as He is in mine. It was one of my favorite moments so far. The pastor who normally preaches was away with 20 couples on a couples retreat. So we had a guest speaker. He was a missionary to Bolivia years ago, and has since been in Paraguay doing full time missions. His message was encouraging and thought provoking. Just simple reminders to stop, look, and listen to what God is saying. And a reminder that we all have a call to be the hands and feet of Jesus, even if it isn't over seas.

I then went over to Danee's house for lunch, with her husband, and two girls. We had a yummy lunch, and awesome conversation. I love sharing the journey of getting here, and all my cool stories of how real my Savior is. We have knit hearts from having the same passions. It was lovely.

Then Danee took me to IC Norte, the grocery store. I picked up fresh baked Bolivian bread, Bolivian cheese, Ramen noodles, and a few other things. I spent 75 B's which is a little bit more than 10 USD. I was told if I cook Bolivian style, I won't spend a lot of money, but if I cook American, it will get expensive quick. For example, in the states I love to cook alfredo. So i looked at a jar of Alfredo sauce, it would have been equal to 7 USD, and thats the $1 stuff at home! But bread was less than a USD, and produce is cheap too. So, I am going to try my way at Bolivian cooking, lots of potatoes, rice, bread, and produce!

Love you! M

PS-It is my mom's birthday this week. I can't be there, but if you see her, will you treat her like a princess, and let her know she is loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment