Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

your love is better than life

I have been so overwhelmed with the support I have received so far. I am so grateful for every bit.

Tonight I was blown away once again at His goodness. I had an hour and a half break in between babysitting jobs. I went to the store to purchase a few items to pack in my first aid kit, and a bag of dove chocolate (my favorite ever!) to take on my trip.

I got to my second babysitting job a few minutes early. When I walked in, there was a note rubberbanded to some money on the table. It was from the 7 year old boy I babysit. There was $8 of his hard earned money. He wanted to give, to help me go and love on some people, and share Jesus. Seven years old. He blew me away. What faith and obedience he has to give. What a cheerful giver.

Minutes after I had walked in the house to babysit, I received a phone call from an old friend. We have been trying together for weeks. She happened to be in the same area I was at. The mom I was babysitting for told me to leave and meet my friend up the road, and just come back. It was perfect. I drove two minutes up the road, and met my friend at a gas station. She handed me money. I know it was every bit as hard earned, and given in faith as the boy's eight dollars. I am so thankful for it. What a blessing it is! I asked her to pray for me. So in the chilly night, we held hands, and she thanked God for what He's doing in me and through me, and for giving me opportunities to serve and love. She told Him she knew I was meant to be a missionary, wherever that may be, and thanked him for this opportunity in Bolivia. She prayed with such truth and authority, it stirred up my heart, and shook my soul. I was then able to share with her some amazing ways God has been moving. She is so excited for me. Having friends who support me is one of the greatest gifts I've received. Her excitement made my excitement grow. I want to jump up and down, and squeal like a junior high girl.

If I am being used in huge ways here, watching mountains move, reading the Bible with fresh eyes, knowing it is alive and for me in this moment, and knowing a real God who has become more personal than ever before, and I haven't even left yet.....hold on. I cannot wait for what's to come.

I am standing on the cusp of what is to come. Literally, I am less than a week away.

Tomorrow is my last night at youth group and young adults gathering, until April. I am probably going to be weepy, because that has been my response to everything lately. I am so excited to go and serve in Bolivia, but a part of my heart is sad to be leaving where I have been serving here. I love Wednesday nights. It is the highlight of my week. I love my high school girls, and their silly stories. I love watching young adults be excited and hungry for the true Word of God. I love worshipping together with people I love dearly. I love baking yummy treats for young adults. I love sneaking upstairs at church to where my mom serves with the little kids to sneak a hug. I love being apart of a youth group with my brother and three sisters. Wednesday night is the best. I am so excited for tomorrow.

Psalms 63
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you. My soul thirsts for you. My body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and glory. Because YOUR LOVE IS BETTER THAN LIFE, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth. They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals. But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced."

Love, M :)


No comments:

Post a Comment