Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bread Recipe

I know this is not my normal blog style, but I have the most delightful, and easy recipe to share. I couldn't keep it to myself!
A few weeks ago, I spent the afternoon at the home of one of my friends. She is a true domestic goddess. I just love her. Crystal made the most delightful homemade bread. I attempted to make it this week, and it really is easy! So, I will share it with yall!
Ingredients:
-3 cups of warm water
-1.5 tsp of yeast
-1 tsp of salt
-6.5 cups of flour
Directions:
-preheat oven to 450 degrees
-pour ingredients (only half the flour) into a standing mixer
-using a dough hook, mix on medium
-gradually, add the remaining flour
-once fully mixed, knead dough
-let dough rise (double in size) in a covered bowl for 2 hours
-after risen, form dough into loaves (round, Italian, etc.)
-let rise an additional 20 minutes
-place on cookie sheet
-cut slits on top of loaves
-bake at 450 for 20 minutes
-rub butter on top as soon as they come out of the oven
-serve right away!
Because there is no preservatives, or extra ingredients, this bread is best if eaten within a few days of making.
You could add different mixins to make flavored bread. Chocolate chip? Cheese? Spices and herbs? Honey? The possibilities are endless.
Enjoy a slice of fresh, hot bread, and stay warm this wintry weekend!
Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment