Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh deer!

Tonight, I had a babysitting job. I got ready, and left the house. It is only three roads to this family's home, nice and close. I was driving and reflecting on a lot.
Driving is the time Jesus and I talk the most. I often have people with me in every aspect of life, but for some reason, its almost always just me driving. So I pray a lot. I hash things out with God. It works.
Tonight was no different. I was driving, when all the sudden I felt the need to slow down and be alert. Every sense in my body perked up. I heard His voice, "Trust Me."
And then, out of no where, a deer appeared. I had never seen a deer on this road. She was huge, but without antlers. She walked up to my car, in the middle of the road, as I was driving, inches away from me. It was one of the most bizarre moments. I hit my brakes, grateful no one was directly behind me. I couldn't believe she was that close, and I didn't hit her.
And then she was gone.
I got to the house and babysat for the night. I went to leave six and a half hours later. I got to my car, and began praising Jesus for keeping me safe driving there.
I got to the same spot in the road, while driving home, and I felt the Holy Spirit say, "look over to the right." So I did, and the deer was standing off a bit, on the side of the road, just staring at me. Once I drove by, she began to run. It was like she was waiting for me. It was bizarre all over again.
Who sees the same deer in the exact same spot, over six hours later? It was weird.
What a reminder that He is in control. I am so thankful I listened to the Spirit, and was aware as I was driving. So thankful that He kept me safe, once again.
Okay. I really need sleep.
If you could be praying for me, I am starting to get sick, and really need to be healthy. No cough, no headache, no stuffyness.
Also, I have a 5k race in the morning, so pray the rain holds off!
Goodnight!
Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment