Total Pageviews

Friday, January 4, 2013

Wait, what's going on?

The other night I drove down the road to meet a friend and her parents at a restaurant. I had already eaten dinner at home, I was just going for the company, and to celebrate my friend's birthday. We've been friends since the beginning of high school, and I love her family.
We had a sweet time of conversation, and laughs, and then it was time to leave. My friend's parents started to get up, and put their jackets on. They were going to stop at the grocery store before heading home. I asked my friend if she drove separate, she responded no, with a confused look. I asked her then what are we going to do. How were we going to hang out, or get home? She laughed and reminded me, that we could take my car.
Somewhere in those few moments, I forgot I was a grown up. I wasn't a high school freshman anymore. I had a car. I had freedom. I had a home outside of my parents. I had a full time job. I was 25.
It was the strangest feeling to completely forget the reality of the now, and dwell in the dreams of the past, even if only for a minute.
We laughed about it, and left the restaurant.
I was baffled at myself for forgetting.
But how often do I forget that Jesus saved me and changed everything? How often do I live in the past, full of sin, mistakes, and regrets? My mind becomes tricked into thinking that is my reality. Sometimes I forget and live like the selfish, lost little girl from before. But that's not true. Jesus changed everything! I do not need to live in the past. He took care of that. I can focus, live in, and enjoy the now. I have freedom, I have a future, I have purpose.
It is a good idea to stop and remember that we don't have to live in the past. That's done. We have freedom to dream, adventure, and live life to the fullest, all because of Jesus.
Happy Friday!
Love, M :)

No comments:

Post a Comment