Total Pageviews

Friday, December 7, 2012

Cemetery. Love. Sleep.

I visited the cemetery again today. It was an impulsive visit. With the cemetery being only half a mile from my front door, the thought occasionally passes through my mind, but rarely do I find the courage to go.
I was there for just a moment today. The busyness of the day was catching up with me, but I needed to sneak in a moment of solitude. I wandered over to where she was buried. I sat for just a minute on the cold ground.
This time, instead of being angry at God, and fighting with bitterness bubbling over, I had peace. I rejoiced that Jesus, conquered death, and now our Redeemer lives.
A line from a song became wedged in my mind as I walked back to my car.
"In death, in life, I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love."
I focused on His love, and its power. It never fails. It is overwhelming. We are so undeserving, yet He gives it freely. It is unconditional. It is ours.
There are so many things I could focus on as I fall asleep tonight. But I will choose to drift into dreams reflecting on His love for me. What a sweet way to end the day.
More tales to come. But for now, rest in His love.
Goodnight.
Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment