Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Looking back...

This weekend, four years ago, I was dumped in the parking lot of the Home Depot in Fenton, MI.

Kind of weird memory, I know.

Tonight I drove by that parking lot,and I thought of the past four years.

I was suddenly very reflective. I rejoiced in my singleness, and all the things I have done, the places I have visited, and the people I have loved. I rejoiced knowing that His plan is better than any plan I could create myself.

I laughed at how much I had grown in the last four years. All of the adventures and misadeventures that had created the woman I am today. The pain, the heartache, the laughter, the embarrassment, the poor choices, the joy, the decisions, the loss, the moving, the new jobs, the old friends, the tears, the pots of coffee, the late nights, the love, the discovering, the faith, the haircuts, the new hobbies, the good choices, the many conversations, the serving, the miles, the stress, and the dreams.

They have all led me here.

Here.

Days before my 25th birthday.

What is next? What adventures will be in the next year? Will I be able to look back, and rejoice? Will I be proud of the woman I became? Will I look back and see even in the rough patches that Jesus shone through? I hope so!

So, here's to 25, and the next year of hopefully REALLY BIG things!

Praying for some huge things! :) Pray with me?

Have a great Monday!

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment