Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 4, 2012

If you have read my previous blog, (Check it!), you know life is hard in my corner of the world. I hate sharing all the uglies, but people have really encouraged me to share, to show that just because I follow Jesus doesn't mean I have perfect days. Even though I'm Michelle and am almost always happy doesn't mean I'm not broken sometimes. So that's life, that's real, and that's that.
I have been wanting to share some exciting news. So, today, in this moment I will.
Number One! My blog has been picked up by the Oakland Press newspaper. It is on their list of featured blogs on their website. It is such an honor to share not only with people I know, but now also with people I have never met, what God is doing over here. (Check it!)
Number Two! I am now on staff at a small church in Auburn Hills. I am the children's director. I teach toddler and preschool age kiddos about God's Word on Sunday mornings. This job is part time, so I still work my normal full time job, and I still attend and serve at the church I grew up at. Nothing big changed, I just am busy teaching Sunday mornings. I love it. The job really is a gift from God. In September, I was in my car praying, and I asked God for a specific amount of extra money a month. (I am trying to be very diligent about saving for future mission trips.) A day or so later, I was asked out to coffee by a woman I didn't know very well. She told me that she and her husband (the pastor) had been praying for a children's director for their church for months, and that God kept putting me on their hearts. I told her I would consider it, and took the next week praying and seeking godly advice. I took the job, and would you believe that I get paid 4 times the amount I prayed for?!?! It's not a lot of money, but the amount I specifically prayed for for the month is the exact amount I get paid per week. Isn't God good?!
So, in review, God is using this girl in huge ways. I didn't finish college, and yet, I'm writing, and in paid part time ministry. That's our God. Moving mountains, and showing favor.
A few of my favorite verses ring true.
Psalm 22:30b-31 future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim His righteousness to a people yet unborn - for he has done it.
Psalm 78:6-7 so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they wouldn't turn tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds, but would keep his commands.
Never before have I been in a place accessible to all generations, until now. I am proclaiming His righteousness and faithfulness, to babies, kiddos, high schoolers, peers, older friends, and even grandparents. These verses were written about me.
Acts 4:13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realize that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these mad had been with Jesus.
I don't have a degree, I didn't finish school, and still I am being used. It's incredible.
Please continue to pray. There are seasons when life is really hard. I feel like I'm living there. But even in hurt and confusion, I know that God is good. He is in control.
Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment