Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am thankful for my parents.

This week as our country celebrates Thanksgiving, my family celebrates a couple other big things.
Friday is my parent's 28th wedding anniversary. Friday is also my 25th birthday.
I am so blessed to have parents who are so committed to each other, to their marriage, and to their God. It is a joy to have parents that still love each other, and enjoy being together. As I am growing up, I realize how rare that is. They are incredible examples of how to have a good, godly marriage.
I had a couple people tell me on different occasions in the past week that God knew what He was doing when He gave them to me. It's true. People have said they wouldn't know what to do with me as their daughter. I have too much adventure in my blood. They wouldn't be able to handle me doing what I do. But my parents can. I know they don't always love my heart for Detroit, Flint, Pontiac, or South America, but they trust in a real God to take care of me. I know every day growing up I have been prayed for. I can only imagine the prayers were more fervent and frequent when I went to South America, alone. I can share my struggles and victories with them. They are my biggest cheerleaders. They encourage me to dream big, and trust God. They are so incredible.
Twenty eight years ago, my dad told my mom that he wanted to wait three years after getting married to have kids. So, God blessed them with a tiny baby girl on their third anniversary. Isn't He good?
So, as family starts to trickle in from out of town, and the stress for many builds, I rejoice in my blessings of family. Knowing that they are exactly who I needed, and only our God could've known that.
Happy day before Thanksgiving. Remember to be thankful. Rejoice in your family, whoever they are, even if they drive you bonkers, they are who God chose for you. :)
Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment