Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Love.

Love is something I thought I was good at. I love everyone. Nothing really upsets my love. Hmmm. I was wrong. The past few days the Holy Spirit and the Bible have been teaching me truths about love, and where I am falling short.
Here in 1 Corinthians 13 is a snap shot of what it really means to love. People think this a beautiful scripture for weddings, but the truth is that its good for everyday, for everyone, and for everywhere.
(I am using the message version today, because it helped me a lot this week.)
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first",
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.
The one I have really been focused on is, love doesn't keep score...
Wow. That's been a game changed to really remember that.
Which one sticks out to you? Why?
Have a great Sunday. Stay safe on the wintry roads!
Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment