Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Proud Mama.

Wednesday night I have a small group Bible study with a handful of high school freshmen girls. I am pretty in love with them. Even after working long days, and feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, these girls bring joy to my heart. They are the reason I look forward to Wednesdays.
A few of my girls spent their Thanksgiving break, last week, in Haiti, loving people.
I couldn't wait to hear of the adventures, the stories, the people, and the real God who went before them.
My girls told me about a church they visited. On Sundays they had two and a half hour long services. It included worship, preaching, and 'normal' church affairs. Later in the week they had a service that was only worship. Just songs sung in adoration of our God. My girls lit up as they told me they couldn't understand what was being sung, because it was all in another language, but they could tell in their hearts because of the passion in which they sang. They told how they sang along in English, and worshiped the same God. What a beautiful picture of heaven. Different tribes, tongues, and nations praising Jesus together. 
Ah. My heart rejoiced as they spoke.
They shared the stories of poverty and how these people had nothing, but had everything because they had a real God. Their joy was contagious. It was so apparent that He really was their everything. Material things do not make someone rich, its only finding joy in Jesus.
They shared how God seemed so real. How they really 'got it'. They want to go back. They want to love more people.
My heart wanted to explode.
I'm not a real parent, but I know as one, you want the best for your children, you want them to know a real God. These girls are my girls. So, I, a proud mama, beamed with joy as tales of a real God, His faithfulness, and adventures with Him poured out. Things I know to be true my girls are really learning.
So, I rejoice that our God is real. He desires for us to take adventures. He wants our hearts to break for the things that break His. We are never too old, too young, to overqualified, or too underqualified for Him to use us. It's incredible.
Going to bed proud of my girls for giving up their break to go on an adventure with a real God.
Goodnight!
Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment