Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

It's a battle

Romans 7:19-20 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

If you're like me, you reread that trying to make sense of what is being said.

I want to do good, but I don't. I don't want to do evil, but I do. All because of my sinful nature.

How often do we have good intentions and we fall into evil?

We never wake up in the morning thinking we want to hurt feelings, be bitter, be greedy, cheat, lie, be rude, or be a jerk. But it is our sinful nature. That's the way we are naturally bent, to be jerks.
So, what do we do? Throw in the towel and be jerks, since that's the way we are naturally? I hope not!

There is an antidote to our jerky, selfish, sinful self. It's Jesus. He alone can make us into new creatures.

1 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Don't forget this life is a battle. Fight. Don't give up so easily.

Fight to be a better person than you were yesterday. Make changes so you are not in situations where you will give into doing what you don't want to do.
\
Be in the Word.

There is nothing like the Bible. It refreshes, reconnects, renews, restores, convicts and changes us. No other book has the power to change us like God's word. Be diligent with your time, and make time to sit at the feet of Jesus, everyday.

Spend time talking to Jesus in prayer. The more you are with Him, the more you will be like Him.

We have a fighting chance. Be intentional as you start your week. Keep changing. Don't be a jerk.

Happy Monday. Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment