Total Pageviews

Monday, October 29, 2012

Good things to do.

There are so many "good things to do" in my life:
-drink eight glasses of water a day
-sleep eight hours a night
-wash bed sheets frequently
-run
-balance the checkbook
-be kind
-eat enough fruits and vegetables
-clean out the fridge
-wear sunscreen
-return phone calls
-send letters
-moisturize daily
-always take off make up before bed
-clean the toilet
-get oil in car changed every few months
-take vitamins
-exercise more
-fold and put away laundry
-wear deodorant
-read bible and spend time with Jesus
Somehow in the hustle and bustle of life, spending time in God's word gets thrown on the list of "good things to do". It slips from being a priority, to suddenly being something that gets done only if life slows down.
Well, I'm no expert, but life doesn't appear to be slowing down. So how does this all work?
Spending time with Jesus and being in His Word needs to be priority number one. Nothing is as important than sitting at His feet, even for a moment. I know if I make time to read the Bible in the morning, life may still be hard, but I have this strength to get through it, that I only get from spending time with Jesus.
Reading the Word isn't just a thing to check off of to do list for the day. Life doesn't make sense without it. I crave it. And when my desire slips, I beg for it to come back. There is so much value in reading the Bible, prayer, and just sitting at Jesus' feet.
I challenge you to really make it a priority. If you struggle with reading or wanting to read, ask God for the desire and help to do it. The words in that book are literally life changing. It is powerful.
Good night.
Love, M.
Also, please join me in praying for the east coast of the US, as they deal with this hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment