Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

He is faithful.

There are times in my life where I can actually feel the presence of God. There are times when I know He is faithful, because the mountains keep on moving. I know He is real with everything in me. I talk to Him, and I know He listens.
But then there are these moments in life, where I don't feel it. I am overwhelmed, and I don't see His faithfulness.
This is when faith must step in. If faith is only active when life is beautiful, and God feels near, then it is a weak faith. But if I dig in my heels, and remember that this is just a dry period, and that's okay.
So, what about this slump I'm in? I have realized something in my own life lately, and last night in Bible study realized it all over again. I need to declare His faithfulness. Declaring His faithfulness helps me be faithful. It refocuses me. It reminds me that just last month, He was faithful in huge ways. Which means, He is faithful, today, when I just want to throw in the towel and take a nap, He's still faithful. It helps silence the enemy. When I am praising God, it stops Satan's lies about how God gave up on me. Satan wants more than anything, my faith to falter.
So, bear with me, as I remind myself of His faithfulness. I challenge you to do the same. Because there is beauty in realizing this truth.
God, You are still faithful when: life doesn't make sense, I'm tired, bills need to be paid, I'm in a mood, the power is out, I'm still tired, when death steals what we love, when cars don't start, when friends leave, days are long, no one else is there, I have been praying for something for years and don't see it any closer, people hurt my feelings, there isn't hot water, I feel rejected, I feel awkward, I am overwhelmed, I get sick, I cry all the time, I have been a bridesmaid 7 times, and I don't understand. God, you are always good. You are always faithful. My circumstances and emotions never change who You are, and that You are in control.
Psalm 18:25a To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
Psalm 33:4 For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Psalm 36:5 Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
Psalm 89:1 I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.
Psalm 89:8 O Lord God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
Hosea 6:3 Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.
Happy Wednesday.
Love, M
Get ready for a huge month long challenge starting tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment