Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 10, 2012

a picture is worth a thousand words.

Yesteraday may have been my favorite day here.I love loving the glue sniffers and street kids. I want to share so much, but words feel inadequate. So here are some pictures to show you some awesome kids that Jesus loves desperatley. Please be praying for them.

Just a warning, this blog contains multiple images of people getting high.

The group is gathered around, listening to Psalms 111 being read.


Praise the LORD. I will extol the LORD with all my heart in the council of the upright and in the assembly. Great are the works of the LORD;they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and compassionate. He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever. He has shown his people the power of his works, giving them the lands of other nations. The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy. They are established for ever and ever, enacted in faithfulness and uprightness. He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever— holy and awesome is his name. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

Listening about HIS name being Holy.

A glue sniffer reading about HIS name being Holy.

Me and some girls.

She´s 19, that is her son, and they live on the streets.

Hair brading and glue sniffing. Right after this picture, I saw a man beating a woman, dragging her off a bench, and kicking her. Some of the guys from my team stepped in, and broke it up. First time I had ever seen that, but that is just life.

A stray dog sleeping in the plaza, where they normally sleep.

Me and one of the boys.
My heart goes out...

Couple of the boys.
They love the stray dogs.

My favorite pic.

okyy, this is not the greatest picture. But this is the jail. it is illegal to take pictures of military or police, and I didnt want my camera taken. This jail is on one of the sides of the plaza. Sometimes when you walk by, you can see baby feet hanging out of the windows. If mom goes to jail, all of her kids go to jail with her. Ponder that for a bit.

As you can tell, it is broken here, but there is hope, and His name is Jesus. Please be praying for this place I love so much.

Today´s adventures include orphanage time, and baby washing! And it is so lovely out today, I love sunshine.

I love getting emails. I just discovered I can get emails on my kindle, without going to an internet cafe. So if you ever want to shoot me an email, send to : michelletobolivia@gmail.com

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment