Total Pageviews

Friday, January 18, 2013

Have you ever had a moment that you knew you were exactly where you should be, doing exactly what you should be doing?
I won't lie, those moments are rare. Most of my life is just doing life. I go to work, I make dinner, I hang out with friends, and there are days I just want to get through. But occasionally, I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to do.
Last night was one of those rare moments.
A few months ago one of my best friends and I were talking. Were in a weird spot. 25 and single. It's not necessarily normal. Especially in the church. We don't really fit anywhere. Women's ministry is wonderful, but they are married and have kids, some even our age. We are at different places in life. There is a lot of wisdom to be gained from spending time with them, but it is easy to get lost in the shuffle. There is young adult ministry, but again, were just at different places. No longer fresh from high school and living at our parents, we have bills, and are ready to settle down. So, here we are, stuck awkwardly in the middle.
So, we talked and started praying about about starting a get together night with other single girls in their mid/late twenties /early thirties and encouraging each other.
We had no idea what that looked like.  We discussed if we wanted to do a book study, a specific section of the Bible, or just share what were learning throughout the week. We went out to dinner, and ended up looking over a few books. The book topics were diverse.
We prayed, and ended up choosing one. Not sure if anyone else would even be interested in what we wanted to study, we ordered the books, and decided to trust God.
We didn't know if it would just be the two of us. We were feeling slightly cynical and discouraged, so I began to pray for girls to come. Not for twenty girls, but for maybe a couple of girls that were in the same place as us.
Wednesday night I ran into a friend at church, and we started talking. Somehow this study got brought into conversation. She asked if she could pass my number onto her cousin. Not thinking much of it, I agreed.
She texted me before I even got home, and she came to Bible study last night. She shared how she had been struggling with the same issues as us, and had been praying for months to find Christian girlfriends her age and in her area. We are all 25, and all live 5 minutes from each other. (How good is God?!?) She shared what God is doing in her life, and my heart was so full of joy. The study we chose is exactly what she had been talking to God about. So, we opened the Word, prayed for each other, and shared life together. It was amazing to hear exactly what we were all praying in the past few months, and how God is working it out, with each other as answers to prayer.
I cannot wait to see what God has in store. I'm giddy. It is such a delightful feeling to know I am being used by a real God. And that He really is working things together for my good. And for this moment, I'm exactly where I am supposed to be, doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing.
So, Happy Friday.
Love, M :)
Jeremiah 29:11-12
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment