Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Looking back, part three

Looking back on the last few years has been interesting. Each year has a very specific theme of who God was. (Read part one here , and part two here) Year three is this year. I couldn't possibly be able to share everything God has been and has done in my life this year. There is just too much. But I will try to share a bit of who my God is, and how wonderfully overhwmelming 2012 has been.

"God is faithful." I feel like this is one of the most frequently said sentences coming from my lips. He is so faithful. I have been kinda stuck in Psalms this summer, it is just so good, I can't stop reading it. Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does." Psalm 36:5 "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 86:11 "Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." Psalm 86:15 "But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Psalm 89:8 "Who is like you, Lord God Almighty? You, Lord, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you." psalm 89:14 "Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you." He has proven himslef faithful in the little things, so I trust him with bigger things. Then he shows himself to be faithful in the bigger things, so I trust him in the larger things. And soon, I am trusting him with everything. It makes sense, he is so faithful. He has this girl in the palm of his hand.

I have God's favor. People say I'm lucky, or things just happen to work out for me. I don't agree. I really, truly believe I have God's favor all over me. I am his. He is mine. I am his beloved. He takes such good care of me. It often doesn't make sense, but it is so true. God's favor is so evident in my life, in the big, and in the little.

This year has been an adventure. Some people live in the camp that believe that being a Christian is boring. Well, maybe that is how some people choose to live, but not this girl. I believe Jesus when He said, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. -John 10:10" Abundant life. Life with meaning and purpose. Adventure. I have traveled all over this year. I spent a couple months living in South America. My days are filled with so many people, and so many activities, every day is different. I lead one the happiest, most fullfilled lives out of anyone I know. I have a real God who really cares about me. I can dream big dreams, because He is more than capable. Adventure? Story of my year.

I know the power I have through the Holy Spirit. Did you know that the same power that rose a dead Jesus back to life is the same power that lives inside of me? Seriously. Romans 8:11 "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of  his Spirit who lives in you." I can tap into that power. It is mine. My God is the God who created the world by just speaking. He split an entire sea, so the center was dry land. He causes life to exist. He is that same God, and He is true, andHe lives inside of me. Crazy, huh?

I am thrilled to watch as things unfold the next few months, and my heart is anxious to see what next year will contain. But for now, I praise Him for being faithful, His favor, adventure, and His power.

Have a cozy day! M

No comments:

Post a Comment