Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Looking Back- Part One

Fall does a few things to me. It makes me want to sip hot apple cider, while wearing boots, watching football outside. It makes me want to soak up every bit of the warm sun's rays before winter comes. It puts a smile on my face because once green leaves change to bold, beautiful colors. It also makes me reflect.

Fall is a time of change. It is a time of new beginnings. It is my favorite time to sit in the crisp air and remember.

Sometimes remembering brings a smile to my face, sometimes remembering is hard, but remembering is important. It shows us who we were, and how we have changed.

This is my third autumn living out of my parents house. I was thinking about each of the three years I have been a 'grown up'. All three years have a very different theme. All three years I discovered a different characteristic of God. He doesn't change. (Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever.) But my circumstances changed, and I changed, so how I viewed God changed.

The first year was the hardest. My family lost our house. Financially things became very hard. I moved into my own place by myself. My grandfather unexpectedly passed away. At the end of the year, by faith, I quit my job teaching preschool with no next job in sight. My mom started not feeling well. Friends moved away. Life became difficult.

But you know what? I discovered that God is provider. God is so amazing. He is all knowing, and he is always working. He was never surprised by any of our heartache or hard times. He was in control through it all. Only because He is who He is, did life work.

Randomly I would get babysitting jobs just in time to buy groceries, or when I needed gas for my car. A dream job offered me a fulltime position three days before my last day teaching. He brought incredible new friends into my life at the most perfect moments. My parents have seen God provide over and over and over and over. Their faith has been the most incredible thing to witness as a daughter.

God's provision was so apparent in my life that year. Someone the other day asked me how did I live alone on what I made years ago. I laughed, and then really thought about it, and it was seriously only because of God. He alone deserves the glory. Life is hard, but He is provider. (Luke 12:24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!)

I challenge you to ask God to be your provider, and then in faith, let Him! He is already in control, so you might as well let go, and enjoy it.

Have an incredible day!

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment