Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wherever.

If you follow my stories or know my heart, you know I long to be back in Bolivia. My heart is to be back there serving full time, and to be on huge adventure with God. Most days, I don't want to be here.

But more than anything, I want to be content with wherever He has me. Because He has me here. For a reason. For a season. On purpose.

Philippians 4:11-Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:


Hebrews 13:5-Let your conduct be without covetousness; be contentwith such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”


So, lately I have been praying, "God, wherever You have me, use me." 

 It has been interesting to see how He is using me.

The other day, I was on a website, and someone randomly messaged me, and asked if I was a Christian. I said yes, and he asked me if I could explain to him how to become one. So over the internet, I was able to share Jesus to someone I have never met. God brought to memory verses and truths from His word, and I was able to share how Jesus, and not any religion or tradition is the way to heaven and to God. The whole time, God reminded me that I prayed to be used wherever I was.

I have a good friend in Japan. He has been teaching English there for almost a year. I know he is homesick. So I used my Kitchen Aid (Remember this?) (how cool is it to bless someone with something you have just been blessed with?) and made him coconut chocolate chunk cookies. I mailed him all sorts of fun stuff. I don't know if he knows, but I pray for him daily. I just want to be a blessing to him, even on the other side of the world.

Wherever I am.

Since I have moved into my new place, I have had many opportunities to share Jesus. I have had more people over for real conversations in my two months here than I ever did in my two years in my old place. I have been able to sit on the couch with a cup of coffee, and share stories of His faithfulness. People who know Jesus, people who have never been inside a church, and all sorts in between have been over. Real conversations about a real God keep happening.

Wherever I am. 

The grocery store check out. The bank. Getting a hair cut. Dinner with an old friend. Family. To all generations. In Spanish. Picking up pizza. Walking downtown.

It doesn't make sense. The God of the universe is using me, a simple girl, with a normal life, wherever I am, to show people Jesus. It is mind boggling. But I am blessed.

I am so excited to see who is next. Who can I bless next? Who needs a cookie, a hug, a smile, a cup of coffee, a listening ear, Jesus, or a friend.

I challenge you this week.  Pray this with me. "God wherever you have me, use me." I promise, He will use you if you are willing. There are broken people everywhere. Let's be the hands and feet of Jesus, and show love, in real ways.

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment