Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 21, 2012

He is faithful.

Tonight I was driving home. I was tired, frustrated, and exhausted. I was praying to a real God, who at the moment didn't feel very real. I was telling Him, "I know you are faithful. It just doesn't feel like it. I feels like You forgot about me. I know You love me, but I don't feel it."

And then, I saw it.

The prettiest rainbow in the world. It was a full, across the road, double rainbow. The clearest and largest rainbow I have ever seen. Ever.

At the exact second I needed to be reminded of His faithfulness. He showed Himself to be faithful.

The rainbow in the Bible represents God's faithfulness, His love, and His promises.

Genesis 9:8-17 (amplified version)
8 Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying,
9 Behold, I establish My covenant or pledge with you and with your descendants after you
10 And with every living creature that is with you —whether the birds, the livestock, or the wild beasts of the earth along with you, as many as came out of the ark—every animal of the earth.
11 I will establish My covenant or pledge with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of a flood; neither shall there ever again be a flood to destroy the earth and make it corrupt.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant (solemn pledge) which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations:
13 I set My bow [rainbow] in the cloud, and it shall be a token or sign of a covenant or solemn pledge between Me and the earth.
14 And it shall be that when I bring clouds over the earth and the bow [rainbow] is seen in the clouds,
15 I will [earnestly] remember My covenant or solemn pledge which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters will no more become a flood to destroy and make all flesh corrupt.
16 When the bow [rainbow] is in the clouds and I look upon it, I will [earnestly] remember the everlasting covenant or pledge between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said to Noah, This [rainbow] is the token or sign of the covenant or solemn pledge which I have established between Me and all flesh
That was my rainbow. It was for me. God reminded me right in my exact moment of need to show up.

He is faithful.

He is love.

He is truth.

He is real.

He is overwhelmingly everything I don't understand or ever could.

He cares about me.

He is faithful. So faithful.

I pulled over in a parking lot to take pictures. I stood, crying, worshiping a real God.

He is worthy.

He thinks of me dearly.

Great is thy faithfulness.

His thoughts toward me are precious and many.

Psalms 139:17-18a How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;

Blessed. Loved. Daughter of the King.

Love, M






1 comment:

  1. Praise Him! I SOOOOOO needed to read this today! Struggling and it is so encouraging to read about how real our God is! AWESOME! Never stop delclaring how faithful He is, we all need to hear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete