Total Pageviews

Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Faves!

Hello Friday, I've been missing you. 

•This denim vest is my new favorite piece of clothing. I have worn it with dresses, skirts, tanks and shorts, rompers, aweatshirts, and tees and yoga pants. It's so comfy, and so on trend at the moment. I just can't get enough. 

•I've been struggling with daily reading my Bible. It was starting to feel like a chore. So one of my FTL sisters and I decided to pray for each other to desire and delight in God's Word again. We have been reading the same chapters, and then discussing them via text. It has been so helpful to have someone in the same boat just encouraging me. The last few weeks we've been going through the Psalms. Soooo good for this wild season I'm in right now. :) 

•It is official! I have started penning some of the very first words that Lord willing will turn into a book. I've been wanting to write a book for a while, and I think now is the time. I've been asked what my book would be about. I'm not exactly sure yet. I want it to reflect my life, and who I am. So I'm sure it will be full of true stories, adventures, whimsy, Jesus, laughs, lists, small town charm, my singleness, dating mishaps, and the beauty of God's faithfulness. I'm not sure what the big picture will be here, and that's okay. I started writing, and that's enough for now.

• I repainted my living room. After two apartments and five years of dark chocolate brown walls in the living room, it was time for a change. This is Behr's Wheatbread, and I am absolutely in love. It has been fun to decorate in a more "grown up" way. Things aren't completely put back together yet, but I have I made a lot of progress. 

• y'all. Smaller jeans are my jam. Since I started this whole journey of getting fit and healthy, I have tried not to focused on the numbers (on clothing tags, on the scale, or my running app). I just want to complete a half marathon. But last night I was reminded of one of the biggest perks. Smaller jeans! 

•Fave 4 hair products are the bomb.com! I have been so in love with their "No Blow Dry July" kit. It has a cream to help your hair air dry, without frizz, a (Holy Grail) dry shampoo/texturizing/hair spray, and a great repairitive masque treatment. I haven't picked up the blow drier in almost three weeks. I'm happy because I hate blowing my hair out when it's hot and humid. And I'm sure my hair is happy to not be damaged, and to just own it's wild and natural texture. 

• I love sunsets while running. I think I live in the sweetest lil town, and it is often an ideal place for God to paint the sky majestically. 

• also. I love ice cream. I wish I didn't. But I do. So much. Heaven help me. 

Have a wonderful weekend y'all! I'm looking forward to all good things! A concert in the park, a baseball game in the D, and yoga at the beach. It's going to be a good one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment