Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sometimes I forget the important things

Sometimes I forget. I forget important things. Things I should remember always. I still forget.

But then sometimes I remember them.

Yesterday while driving back and forth from the two apts while moving, I remembered something.

In the Old Testament in order for people to communicate with God, they had to go to a priest, on a certain day, offer a perfect sacrifice, and they could be with God.

Well, I don't live there. I live here and now.

All I have to do is say his name. He is always with me.

While driving a car stuffed with boxes, ready to cry from being overwhelmed, all I did was whisper "Jesus". That's it. And He was there.

Only because of Jesus dying on the cross, and being the ultimate sacrifice is this possible. God sees me as perfect. I don't have to jump through hoops. I don't have to wait for a certain day. I don't have to go to a priest to talk for me. I just whisper His name. And He hears me.

It is such a simple concept. If you know Jesus, you know this is one of the foundational things to know. But I forget. Life gets busy. I fall into prayer without thinking. I forget.

So this weekend I have been rejoicing anew for His sacrifice. I can talk to God anytime, anywhere, despite how I feel, what I did, or what is happening. No middle man. No hoops. Just a real conversation with the Creator of the universe. He sees me as perfect because of Jesus. He longs for me to talk to Him. He desires for us to have a beautiful friendship.

Mind boggling.

Just really focusing on that. And in awe of it.

Have a delightful Sunday.

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment