Total Pageviews

Monday, February 1, 2016

Whole30 : Week One Review

So I started the Whole30 diet. I really just want to reset my body, and get myself in prime shape for training season. Plus, my sugar (mostly ice cream) addiction is beyond out of control, and must be tamed. I don't cook for myself much, because it's just me, and cereal or a drive through are just a lot less work. But I do love to cook, and I do want to be healthy. So here we go. 

Basic rules: 
•no sugar
•no dairy 
•no legumes
•no grains
•no alcohol 
for 30 days. There's more to it, including what oils foods can and can't be cooked in, but those are the basics. 

So here's what I ate for Week One. 


Day One: 

breakfast: 
•2 fried eggs (made with coconut oil) 
•handful of baby spinach leaves 
•3 strawberries 
•red skinned potato (diced, boiled, then cooked in skillet)
•2 pieces of bacon 
•black coffee 
•water 



lunch:
•chicken breast (plain)
•4 strawberries 
•small honey crisp apple
•almond butter 
•water

dinner: 
•burger 
•one avocado smashed with handful of chopped yellow onion mixed in 
•handful of mushrooms, grilled on George Foreman
•kiwi sandia La Croix 

snack: 
•2 dried figs with slice of bacon 
•unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon 

I feel like that was easy, so yummy, and now I can conquer the world. 

Day Two: 

breakfast: 
•2 eggs, fried in coconut oil 
red skinned potato (diced, boiled, then cooked in skillet)
•1/2 avocado mashed 
•water 

snack:
•black coffee 

lunch: 
•carrots with cinnamon 
•chicken breast (plain) 
•green beans 
•red skinned potato 
•lime La Croix 


snack: 
•apples and almond butter 

dinner:
•burger 
•green beans
•half of an avocado, mashed 
•grilled mushrooms 
•water 

I had a bit of a headache, and was sooo tired. But loved everything I ate. I also brushed my teeth before leaving at 6:30 at night to prevent any late night snacking. 

Day Three: 

breakfast: 
•2 eggs 
•spinach 
•red skinned potatoes 
•water 


lunch: 
•chicken 
•carrots raw 
•apples and almond butter 
•strawberries 
•la Croix 


snack: 
•banana 
•water
•black coffee

dinner:
•salad (baby spinach, chopped onions, mushrooms, olive oil, balsamic vinegar) 
•1 piece of bacon, 1 red skinned potato, 3 whole carrots, chicken breast (all prepped earlier this week) thrown into cast iron skillet and all cooked and mixed together. 
•water 

I had a wretched headache most of the day. And I was the most tired I've been in years. Like so tired I'm in bed before 8:30, without Netflix or reading. Detoxing from sugar, carbs, and junk is not for the faint of heart. I need to sleep for the next 5 weeks. 

Day Four: 

breakfast: 
•3 eggs, fried
•green beans 

lunch: 
•whole avocado 
•burger 
•green beans 
•salad (spinach, mushrooms, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar) 
•iced black coffee



dinner: 
•burger 
•mushrooms
•red skinned potatoes, cooked with onions 
•salad (spinach, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar) 
•La Croix 

snack:
•unsweetened applesauce 
•sliced almonds
•water 


Today was probably the worst I've felt so far. I was so surprised. Headache was mostly gone, but today my stomach just felt icky. Nothing was really wrong, but i just felt "ugh", and wanted to lay on the floor. I wanted to cuss the guy out (which I have NEVER done, ever) who messed up my coffee order 3x. I completely get that whole "kill all the things" I've heard about from other whole30ers. No carbs and no sugar sure can make a girl cranky. I wasn't as tired. So I'm thankful for that, but reallllly looking forward to the days where I feel like I can take on the world, and my body loves me again. 
 
Day Five: 

breakfast: 
•2 eggs, fried in coconut oil 
•guacamole on top 
•water



lunch:
•apple slices with almond butter 
•3 eggs with guacamole 
•3 strawberries 
•water 

dinner: 
•chicken
•yellow cherry tomatoes
•sliced portabella mushrooms
•mashed red skinned potatoes 
•water

I was highly emotional this day. No headache, but severe road rage, a lot of anger, and not a lot of patience. 


Day Six: 

breakfast: slept in and skipped 

lunch: first dining out experience on whole30. I went to chipotle and had a salad, with double lettuce, carnitas, pico, and double guacamole. Water to drink. 


dinner: 
•chicken 
•sweet potato fries (made 'em myself!) 
•cantaloupe 
•guacamole (not sure why I put this on my plate)
•little tomatoes 
•water 


Finally feeling energized!! I can even say no to cravings! I picked up Gregg's breadsticks, and drove with them on my front seat for 30 min, without a temptation to nibble. 

Day Seven: 

breakfast:
•chicken 
•banana 
•water

snack:
•lara bar 
•dried mango



lunch:
•chicken sausage 
•green beans 
•cantaloupe 
•water

dinner:
•chicken
•portabella mushrooms
•sweet potato fries 
•water 

Today for certain I feel like a rock star! One week down, and I feel like I'm certainly more energetic than earlier this week, and I'm a heck of a lot kinder. I no longer crave ice cream every moment of every day. I did accidentally have a speck of gluten today. We had communion at church, and I took a small cracker, without much thought. I could feel in my stomach that it wasn't pleased almost immediately. I've also really begun to enjoy the tastes and flavors of real food. 

Week One is in the books.

And I did it. Now 23 more days to go! 

M



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful spell caster that has brought back happiness to my life, I got married to Jefferson and we loved and cherish ourselves so much, he needs a divorce This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experience!!!! i have never see a great man like Dr happy,indeed he is a powerful man, just last year July i saw some testimony comment on a site people testifying on how they got back their ex with the help of Dr happy,i was amaze to see a great man like this in the world, i was having similar problem with my partner, so we had a little misunderstand that lid to our breakup them so because of that i was very sad and i was thinking of what to do to get him back in my life, a great ideal came into my mind, so i contacted the great Dr and i told him everything that happen he just laugh and said to me that i should not worry that everything will be okay, i believed him because of what on the internet, so today am here testifying of the great happiness he just grant in my life i now have him back forever, thank you very much sir, i really appreciate,your work you have the best spell caster i have ever see on the internet that can really bring loss relationship so my friends out there if you have any problem contact Dr happy for help, he is able to help you in any situation, here is the email happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you drank. Drinking is a BIG waste of calories. And for what? I can enjoy myself without drinking and the guilt of calories. There is NOTHING healthy about drinking. Even a glass of wine isn't that healthy. And when training, most athletes that do casually drink go sober because it causes dehydration amounst other issues. Keep it up. Glad to see you making these healthy choices. God blessed you with a beautiful and healthy Body, it is our job to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink alcohol, at all. But I did want to include all the rules in case anyone was curious about whole30. :)

    ReplyDelete