Total Pageviews

Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Roundup.

It is Friday. And the first day of spring. Bless. We have made it. Let the hallelujah chorus commence. 

•What am I wearing the first day of spring? Overalls and flower crowns of course. Y'all. Overalls. Are. So. Comfy. 

•I have been chosen to help launch Jen Hatmaker's new book, "For The Love: fighting for grace in a world of impossible standards". This means I get to read the book months before it is actually released, I can write an endorsement that will *hopefully* be picked to be published in the book, I get to share about the book in my sphere of influence, and I get to be apart of an incredible group of women who are also on the launch team. Seriously. I have felt so encouraged and loved by these women. It is so good. You can preorder the book here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0718031822/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1426856537&sr=8-1&pi=V192198896_AA75&keywords=for+the+love+jen+hatmaker

•I have been trying to walk/slow run 10 miles/week. I did great last week. This week has been a lil rough. My allergies are driving me nuts, and I prefer to walk outside. I have got to kick it up today and tomorrow to reach my goal. But I really am liking setting small, obtainable goals for myself. When I'm on the treadmill at the gym, and I'm watching a show, I walk the whole time the show is on, and I try to run during all of the commercials. I'm getting better. But I despise when an extra commercial sneaks in. 

•I rearranged my living room this week. I think in this season of chaos and change, I just wanted a fresh start at home. So I decided to play up my whimsical nature, and now I have a canopied reading nook, right in the corner of my living room. I'm also repurposing my hope chest as more seating, and moved the couches in a way that they have never been configured before. I may change it all back next month. But for now, I love it. It feels so young and carefree. 

•This song. We sang it at church a few weeks ago, and the words were so powerful, I looked it up as soon as I got home, and now have been listening to it a few times a day. "Here at Your feet, I lay my future down. All of my dreams, I give to You now. I find peace." 

•The last two weeks have been hard. Really hard. (http://adventureintheunknown.blogspot.com/2015/03/peace.html?m=1) But I have been so encouraged by such incredible friends. One friend in particular texted or called me five or six times in a day, just to share a scripture, let me know she was praying for me, point me back to Jesus, tell me she was listening to a song and thought of me, and that she just supported me. It really is the best to have people in your corner. 

•shamrock shakes. Heaven help me. Why are these SO GOOD?! I normally will find any excuse to grab one. But this season, I only had 2. One the day they came out, and one on St. Patrick's Day. I wonder if they taste so good, because they are only available for such a small window. I don't know y'all. But I just want them all the time. Why can't they be good for you? My protien shakes do not taste like that. 😂 

Happy first day of spring. Love, M. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment