Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jesus.

I just want to clarify something.

The reason I went to Bolivia to serve and love, and came back with fire in my heart to serve, love, and inform here isn't because....

- I'm a good person.
- I wanted an adventure.
- I want something to do because I'm single.
- I was bored.
- I like to travel.
- I wanted to make a difference.
- I love brown babies.

Some of those are partially true, but no.

It's ALL because of JESUS.

He is my best friend. The lover of my soul. The one who fights for me. My healer. My provider. My comfort. My peace. He conquered death. He defeated death. He triumphed over Satan. He lives. And He is coming back one day.

People have told me lately, "your faith is so real to you." Let me assure you, I'm nothing special. It is only Jesus in me. But, He is real. He can be that real to anyone. His love is overwhelming and all consuming. He desires to have an intimate friendship with us.

No words, religion, or person can change someone's life. It is only the power of Jesus Christ, and what He did for you years before. It stands the test of time. He is faithful.

In order to have real faith with Jesus, you have to realize and recognize a few things to be true.

- Sin is...doing something, anything wrong against God.

- You are a sinner. We all are.

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one."

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

- Because of your sin, you will go to Hell.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

- Jesus was perfect, having no sin.

- He took our place, and gave His life for us.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this : While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins.

Philippians 2:6-11 Who, being in the very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature if a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that us above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

- He didn't stay dead. He literally, seriously, and factually conquered death, hell, sin, the grave, and Satan, and rose again, and lives.

1 Corinthians 15:3b-4 that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures

-Your 'good works' will never be good enough.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift from God- not by works, so that no one can boast.

- Just call to Him. Tell Him you are sorry for what you have done. Invite Him into your life to be your Saviour. He will.

Acts 16:31a They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved...

Romans 10:9,13 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

- If you really believe with your heart, and confess with your mouth, then Jesus is your savior. Ask Him, He will change your life radically. He will be there in the darkest hour. He will give you strength when its impossible.

Romans 8:37b we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

- If you just read this and really did ask Jesus to be your Savior, I encourage you to tell someone. Email me (michelletobolivia@gmail.com) or tell someone who already knows Jesus. Get involved in a Bible study or a church. Read the Bible (start in john). It is how God talks to us. And pray. It's how we talk to God. It doesn't need to be graceful or eloquent. I talked to Him like I would my best friend. I tell Him I'm angry, I cry when I come before Him, I tell Him funny things that happened. He already knows, it just builds that friendship.

I know this was a different style blog. But it is Easter. I wanted to share. If I do everything good, serve the broken, and love the unlovable, but I do it in my name, it is a waste of time. Only one thing is important. The name of Jesus. There is power in His name. He can set captives free, change lives, give hope, restore, give purpose, give joy, grant peace, provide, and love deeper than before.

He is real. He is risen. Happy Easter.

Love, M

If you are curious or have any questions, email me. (michelletobolivia@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment