Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 10, 2015

September Adventures {part one}


September 1st I woke up early at 3:30 am. Which of course felt like torture because I didn't go to bed until 2:00 am. 

But little or no sleep was okay, because it was the best of days! 

At 5:00 am, my dearest friend Jill came to my house and picked me up to drive me to the airport. We grabbed Starbucks on the way, and chatted about life. When we pulled up to the airport, she prayed for me, and then it was time to fully embrace a new adventure. 


I wore this fabulous blanket scarf because I love snuggling under a blanket while sleeping on a plane. I wore this floppy fedora because I hadn't washed my hair in probably 5 days. And I wore a tee and maxi skirt, because they were about the comfiest outfit I could put on, and still look somewhat pulled together. Also. I matched my outfit to the luggage I was using. because I am a FREAK. 

I got all checked in and through security quicker and easier than any other flight in my entire life. It felt like a dream. I called my dad before departure, as I do every time. And I was off. 

I was officially Texas bound. 

I was headed out to attend a party of someone I had never met before, with about 250 other women I had never met before. Isn't the internet a weird place?! 

I slept most of my first flight, and landed in Dallas, where I had my very first ChickFilA chicken minis. Praise Jesus. 

I am currently in this weird place of talking to Jesus about the possibility of moving. There's so much that goes into all of that, but at the top of my list, I've been asking Jesus for a ChickFilA near my house. Because I'm convinced it's just the best food ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Why do I live in the north?! 

Anyway. 

I flew to Austin, where the fun would begin. 

My friend Ashlee picked me up from the airport, and immediately we went to one of the places on my bucket list to eat at. Hula Hut. It was amazing. I had the BBQ chicken tacos. Ahhhhh. 



My friends Ashlee and Brian let me stay with them for a couple of days. It was such a blessing. I found so much physical rest there. My first night there was probably the best night of sleep I had in years. (Possibly because I had only gotten 93 min the night before?) I also had some beautiful time with Jesus there. Ah. So peaceful. 



I have friends in Austin, and I was able to visit them, and it just made my heart soar. 

Johnny and Sara served in youth ministry when I was a teenager. I hadn't seen them in years, so it was so nice to catch up with them. 

Erica is my dear friend. When I was in my early 20's, I created a sorority (Gamma Eta Pi), and she was my "little sister". We spent an afternoon/evening together, and it was perfect. We wandered around shops, grabbed dinner from some food trucks, explored the state Capitol building, and then later went dancing at a Texas dance hall. 

In between all of that goodness, Ashlee and I managed a bit of fun as well. We went to Shake Shack (thank you Jesus!), became educated on the homecoming mum, and went on a short hike. 


Okay. We need to talk. Homecoming mums?! 

Apparently these are giant things guys make and girls wear to school and to the homecoming game?! They have ribbons, bells, lights, stuffed animals, and all sorts of nonsense on them. They are so long, and heavy! The craft store where I originally stumbled upon them, had multiple aisles of things to make them. They had some premade, and were being sold for $59.99. I had a cow, and posted it to my social media, and was given the response that that is a "cheap one". I guess most range between $100-150, but can go as high as $350. Y'all. I cannot deal. I mean I am loving the tradition. But I just can't even. In other news, I have decided I want to wear one for my birthday since I missed out on a weird Texan childhood. 😂 


Austin {part one}, you were an absolute delight. I am actually impressed at how much I did in those 2 short days! 


Thank you for being a place of physical rest, and a lot of fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Michelle!! You make me want to jump on a plane and fly to Texas. I am so happy that part 1 was so good to you!!

    ReplyDelete