Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The best awkward conversation I've ever had.

I am a weird girl. I have been known to say off the wall, unexpected things. I often make situations embarrassing and awkward. That's just me. That's how I am.

One of my favorite times I stuck my foot in my mouth was five years ago.

I knew I was going to be working at the church's kids day camp that summer. The pastor's son had recently moved back to the area, and would be running it. His lovely wife was standing in the lobby after church.

I had never met her before, but I kinda knew who she was. She had never seen me before, and didn't have a clue who I was.

So naturally, when I walked up to her and said something awkward, she didn't know what to do with me.

"Hello. You don't know me. I'm Michelle. Were going to be working together this summer. And I know we are going to become the best of friends."

Well, that was five years ago, and she hasn't gotten rid of me yet. She also still doesn't really know what to do with me. :)

She has been one of my biggest fans, my voice of reason, my fellow gilmore girl enthusiast, my thrift store partner in crime, my encourager, my painting partner, and one of the best listeners I have ever met.

Her life points to Jesus, in a real and honest way. She is such a wonderful and godly wife and mother. And she gave me the best fake nephew and niece this fake Auntie has ever wished for.

So happy 5 years of fab friendship dearest Si. I am so thankful for all of our chats, laughs, and most of all, you.

I am so glad I was so awkward five years ago. :)

Love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment