Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Dressember

Dressember! 


What is Dressember? Dressember is a collaborative movement leveraging fashion and creativity to restore dignity to all women. Dressember is a simple way to stand up for women who have been exploited for their femininity, women who are broken, women who are trapped in the sex trade, and women who cannot stand up for themselves. 


I will wear a dress every day this December to help raise awareness and advocate for these women. Human trafficking is a very real thing, and I'm not okay with it. We will never see the end of this, if we don't do anything about it. Our generation can end slavery. We can be a voice for those without a voice. We can stand up to injustice, and say, "No more." We can make the choice to bring awareness, be advocates, and make a change.


 "A dress can't change the world, but the woman wearing it can." 



Day One- I babysat, cleaned a house, grocery shopped, and did street minsitry. I had two people at walmart stop me to compliment me on my outfit, and I was able to share about Dressember. 




Day Two- I babysat, cleaned a house, went to the mall with a friend, and later went to yoga. All while wearing a dress. 





Day Three- I babysat for multiple families, and made cookies with a few kids. I didn't wear tights this day, and I noticed my legs got pretty chilly.



Day Four- I twirled a lot this day. I babysat a couple of families, and helped a mom out with housework. I was scrubbing the floor at one point, and ended up laughing pretty hard because my skirt kept getting in the way. 

I am having a lot of fun creating outfits, and knowing that I am not alone in fighting injustice with fashion and creativity. 

If you would like to support me during Dressember, you can donate at: 

https://support.dressemberfoundation.org/fundraise?fcid=573098

I've currently raised $51 out of my $200 goal. 


M




No comments:

Post a Comment